Following a great PLAYERS Championship at the TPC Sawgrass in Florida, the US PGA Tour heads to the AT&T Byron Nelson this weekend. Playing host is the world-famous Trinity Forest Golf Club in Dallas.
- Despite the name, there is no actual tree on the course
- Indecision will break your chances, yet caution is vital
- Good and bad shots are magnified
- The slopes could look after you
The weather-man predicts hot conditions with a gentle wind for pretty much the entire weekend. There is also a 20% chance of rain on Sunday that could change the situation somewhat.
Players to watch:
- Jordan Spieth @ 15/1 to win this weekend:
The Texas-born is favourite to take glory this weekend. Ranked 3rd in the world, Spieth says that “things are starting to fall in place” and it will be interesting to see how he lives up to the bill of clear favourite.
- Matt Kurchar @ 194/1 to win this weekend:
After winning the 2012 PLAYERS Championship, Kurchar has gone a little quiet. Spanning over 12 years, Kurchar has won 7 times on the PGA Tour; so it would be wise not to count him out for victory this weekend.
- Sergio Garcia @ 194/1 to win this weekend:
Embracing both the PGA and European Tours, the Spaniard’s showcase victories include the 2008 Players Championship and the 2017 Masters Tournament. He is also a two-time winner of the Byron Nelson (2004 & 2016). Expect Garcia to be amongst the elite come Sunday.